torsdag den 14. april 2011

Georgetown - Part 2, Events

It was a long journey to travel all the way to Georgetown but we made it - and it was worth it. The first picture is taken at sunrise from Kastrup (Copenhagen) Airport. The second picture shows the cakes we ate Wedensday but I figured it was a good picture to my little intro. They were so pretty and they tasted very good too! When we arrived at Charleston Airpot they waved with banners and everything. What a fantastic welcome we got, and when we arrived at the High School in our personal classroom, the room was filled with banners, flags and ornaments they had made to welcome us. The picture on the bottom to the left was taken in the cafeteria. There was a banner in the cafeteria! Everywhere. So sweet!

This is the house where I lived together with Faith and her dad, mom, two younger brothers and Thomas from my class as well. We had a lot of plans on the schedule so we did not spend that much time at the house but I am very thankful that they took care of Thomas and me. I slept very well each night and felt very comfortable there together with my awesome buddy, Faith!

The food at the High School was... Well, not the most fantastic you could imagine. Very unhealthy and the fruit was not fresh. But the southern food with rise, chicken, coleslaw and green beans tasted SO good! Especially the food from the Celedonia Country Club in Pawleys Island! So delicious, yummy! We got it three times during the week.

This was such a "hyggelig" day. Faith and I together with some other awesome people went downtown to walk around, talk and just chill. We saw the fountain and the harbour. We went to the park and swung on the swings, took pictures, had fun, chilled and the super hero Caleb had his weapon with him! By weapon I mean his guitar. So Jeremy, he and I played on the guitar and sang songs. It was such a nice moment together with the coolest people on earth just to chill and have fun together. I will never forget this day. This day was the soul of "hygge"!

We visited Hobcaw Barony. Here we say the Museum, the Hobcaw House and the slave houses. The cultural experience was followed by delicious dinner at Kimbell Lodge (the picture of the "Georgetown Highschool" - and "Egå Gymnasium"cakes and the southern dinner plate was taken here)

We visted Huntington Beach State Park: The educational center, beach and Spanish-style Atalya Castle followed by a depart for Wacca Wache Marina in Murrells Inlet for a historical boat cruise on the Waccamaw River.

There was a lot on the schedule for Friday. First we vistited Coastal Carolina University Campus. Then we went for a short walking Tour of the University with commentary by a student representative. We left the campus a couple of hours later and arrived at Broadway (at the beach), Ripley's Aquarium, Shopping etc. which was very nice. It was sunny this day (it had been raining and the wind had been blowing almost the entire week up until Friday) and we got to walk around in groups and just have fun and chill. In the late afternoon we had dinner at Hard Rock Café, Myrtle Beach. The food was great and it was an awesome restaurant. I got a three days early birthday surprise. The waiters came with ice cream and a birthday princess hat. So sweet! In the evening we saw a concert at Carolina Opry called "Good vibrations". There were stepdancers, light shows, country music, funny sketches and a lot of good, old pop and rock music. I can assure you that we all were very tired on the way home at 11pm.

The timing of our trip to Georgetown was perfect cause we got to join the seniors at the big prom night. The preparations started early - for the girls. We had our nails done in a nail spa and a big group of girls together with me and Faith got our hair and make-up done at the Jones'. Miss Kathy and her helpers worked hard to make us ready for the big night. We put on our beautiful dresses and drove to two different, beautiful places to shoot a lot of portraits and group photos. We went to a thai restaurant with delicious, tasty food. I got the Key West Sushi Roll. Afterwards, we arrived at the High School to dance, eat snacks and drink punch. After the pronouncement of prom - king, queen, prince and princess, we were supposed to go bowling I think but we went to Jordan's house and had fun there instead. It was a very nice evening (and night!). We were awake almost the entire night. 

The next day the weather was amazing. Blue sky and sunny! We went to the beach to have fun. It was such a nice day and I did not want to leave the beach cause it was so nice to be there together with fantastic people and nice weather. I cound not ask for more. We ate late lunch at a mexican restaurant which was very yummy. In the evening there was youth group where we had fun. We cleaned up inside the building and played some ball. Before we left, I wanted to play some piano. So I played piano for Faith, Caleb, Thomas, Chuck and the leader of the youth group. Such a lovely moment! And while I played I realized that it was the last evening in Georgetown.

When we got home I opened the presents I got with me from Denmark cause technically it was my birthday in Denmark because of the time difference. In the morning I got 4 tasty, Oreo muffins (I love Oreo and Faith knew that!), I made a wish and got a present from Faith. She gave me a cool, pink South Carolina t-shirt. I got a gift from the family as well. A beautiful group photo of the family. When we were about to leave the house, I got emotional. It was a tough birthday with a lot of tears but most of them were happy tears.

I drew this big heart in the sand at the beach Sunday afternoon. Georgetown - I will return!!

1 kommentar:

Nanna sagde ...

nøj, hvor ser det spændende ud!!