tirsdag den 12. april 2011

Georgetown - Part 1, Friendship

I have chosen to write the blogposts about my trip to Georgetown in english so that they can understand it if they want to read it. Unforgettable and fantastic are among other words my description of my experience and trip to Georgetown, South Carolina. 10 days as exchange student, a wonderful welcome, new friendships, new experiences, settled in a kind host family. I settled down in Georgetown, and Georgetown settled down in my heart. I guess you can call it a once in a lifetime experience. We were in New York too the last 4 days but it was nothing compared to the stay in Georgetown. I would honestly rather have spend the last 4 days in Georgetown in stead of New York. I have chosen to divide my story about my experience in 3 parts so that the blogpost won't be too long. The first blogpost will contain pictures of me together with the wonderful people I met in Georgetown. I get all happy when I look at these pictures. I miss them very much and I am so thankful for this amazing experience. The most fantastic thing was the new friendships which were attached and the fact that they were attached so fast. Suddenly you were a part of these peoples lives. Almost incredible. There were laughter, smile and happiness.
Unfortunately a goodbye was followed which got very emotional. I have never cried that much in my entire life. And unluckily it was my birthday that day! There were tears, smiles and a lot of hugs. It was hard to say goodbye, especially because we live so far apart. It was 10 amazing days which I will never forget. I hope from the bottom of my heart that I will meet the people from Georgetown again.
Here are some pictures from the last day... 

Faith sat on my lap while I cried (both tears of joy and sadness) which I did the entire day. She was my "american buddy". I stayed with her and her family and went with her to her classes at school. Faith is a fantastic girl and I hope that I will see her again! 
Aw, I just love this picture!

Caleb is her boyfriend - a crazy (in the funny way) yet kind and loving guy. Here we are hugging goodbye. 
I needed hugs that day. I got a lot of hugs! I hope we will meet again one day.

We saw a slideshow with background music. Did I cry? Yes, of course. 
And yes, it is Caleb in the background smiling. Gotta love this picture too!

Thank you for everything and God bless you!

1 kommentar:

Celine Krestine Jakobsen sagde ...

Det ser rigtig hyggeligt og fedt ud! Jeg tror på at det var en fantastisk oplevelse :-) Det er nogle rigtig fine billeder.

www.celinekj.blogspot.com